Saturday, July 14, 2012

I went all the way to New Haven to taste the world's best pizza.

With initial aspirations of trying a slice at all of the local establishments competing for this title, the drive and the heat convinced us to just eat our hearts out at Sally's Apizza. And we did.

Verdict?

I really really like Nice Pizza in Bed Stuy.

That said, there are some things I really liked about it:
1. It's shaped the same way it is when I make it: in a big old blob.
2. They don't give you plates and it's not because they're trying to be environmentally friendly.
3. The lady pushing 80 at the cash register was wearing a high pony tail and a tube top.

In other news: just because I like bacon doesn't mean that I like pepperoni. But I tried. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to say, but you should have gone to Pepe's right next door to Sally's. WAAAAAY better IMHO. Same style but better quality etc. White clam w/ garlic is amazing. So is salami w/ caramelized onions. If you go back, go there!

    ReplyDelete