It turns out that even though I'm still technically a full-time student, there's a time limit to how long I can use the excuse of still paying an exorbitant amount in tuition each semester for having to actually start paying back that exorbitant amount of tuition each semester. Whatever. The interesting part of all of this is that my Sallie Mae representative was on American Idol last year.
He was recruited via Youtube to the chagrin of the plebs who had to audition all nerve wracking and normal. He was sent to Hollywood and everything. I guess he lost, but had a nice time nonetheless, and got to tour some TV studios and stuff. He has a gig this weekend and doesn't mind working at Sallie Mae too much even though he doesn't get any special discounts on his loans (I asked).
But really, the MOST interesting part of this whole thing is that while he was typing away and bringing my account up to date (Sallie Mae had neglected to tell me that I had overextended my student status and had a delinquent account -- they clearly could use a few more Youtube sensations on the horns) he agreed to keep me posted on his musical progress and promised that if he did in fact make it big and is able to pay off his student loans...that he'd also pay off mine. ♥♥♥
Sidebar: Have you guys seen Shopgirl?! It's not good, but I think about it ALL OF THE TIME. I mean, I know jobs at gloves stands are hard to get no matter how many degrees you have, but STILL! Student Loan Fantasy Porn?! Yes, please.
I told my Sallie Mae representative that this was a good deal because if he DID actually make it big and if he DID actually pay off my student loans too, I'd definitely be able to make a film about the whole thing and make it big myself (well, on the independent film circuit), which would then consequently push him towards a more sustainable career in the music industry. I mean, when all the Jason Mraz-crooner-type loving ladies in the middle west see the movie and get to know the man behind the music, and I mean, like, really get to know him, they'll start demanding lunchboxes and t-shirts and stuff to go along with their illegally downloaded copies of his album and the world would be his oyster. He liked this idea. ♥♥
It's important to note that this is the same guy who just twenty minutes prior said that Sallie Mae didn't really offer any plans or options after the 48 months of student status deferment had passed... I mean, time will tell, but this one seems just about air tight. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Needless to say, I'm feeling optimistic about the future and Sallie Mae's continued interest in helping me to achieve my full potential. This is certainly unexpected and totally worth the 12 minute hold time and new monthly payment. ♥♥♥♥
I'd never heard this Bruno Mars song for real, but it seems sort of serendipitous. I think I will use it in the credit sequence to the aforementioned, currently unproduced movie. It will be called: American. Idol. Or maybe: American Idle. We'll see.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:
Post a Comment