Anyway, it was back to school time and I enjoyed putting my favorite pens in there and a couple of pencils too. I put my favorite casual, long-shaped lipstick, and even a tampon. Finally I had a place for things like that! Finally something that I always had a youngster that made me feel more like an adult, or at least feign the appearance of an organized, female one! Overall, I felt really together. Overall, I felt really happy.
Within a week I lost it.
I realize this post would really benefit from the inclusion of a photograph of it here. Maybe this is the whole issue. I think this is a case of my love and admiration for a thing only really happening after it is gone. Otherwise, why didn't I take a picture of it anyway? Why do I only have pictures of objects that have since been sold?
Well, that's not totally true. To prove it, here are some pictures of things that I also don't have anymore for a variety of reasons--none of which could be classified as "lost":
Dolphin Temporary Tattoo. Go figure.
My first cat, Bonnie. She's dead. I do still have my sister who is alive and well.
I gave away Bruce Willis' debut cassette as a joke at a Christmas exchange. This dress is also gone. As is my natural hair color. I still have those earrings though. They are made of beads attached to paper attached to a stud.
And so so so much more. I can only hope that heaven is a lot more like the TV show Hoarders than any religion is comfortable discussing.




No comments:
Post a Comment